We need a new Artworker to be part of and support our busy, multi-disciplinary creative department.
You’ll have at least a year’s agency experience already, will work alongside an experienced Artworker, and report into the Senior Artworker. Ideally you will have experience in or an understanding of direct mail. You’ll be bringing our creative work to life, using your knowledge of production and press methods, and creating stunning presentations. So Powerpoint skills would also be useful.
What is a GOOD Artworker?
We need people who are comfortable working across disciplines and sectors. People who love being part of a team and making great work happen. People who take their responsibilities seriously and never knowingly let the side down.
- The best work
We want creative work that wins awards, builds our reputation, and builds belief. Artwork is a crucial step in that process.
- The best reputation
We need to maintain our exemplary reputation for quality. We get things out of the door on time, looking great, signed off and with no mistakes. It supports everything we do.
- The best business
We need you to manage your time, work efficiently, do your timesheets, and spend at least 90% of your time on billable work. These are the things that keep the business running, and mean we can get on with the fun stuff.
Job Responsibilities for Artworker
- Take print, digital and moving image creative work to production, with a keen eye for detail
- Work closely with art directors and designers to take projects into artwork, proactively querying any potential issues
- Manage and complete artwork amends with excellent attention to detail
- Update and assist with print specs and ensure they are signed off and correct
- Work within client brand guidelines as well as GOOD Agency’s own guidelines
- Understand and apply knowledge of print basics including cmyk, spot colours, as well as design, typesetting, formatting and colour correction management
- Understand colour profiles, colour breakdowns and outputting for press
- Understand separations panels and preflight tools
- Manage relationships with production suppliers
- Ensure artwork is completed to a high standard
- Be responsible for the correct filing of creative assets
- Keep skills up to date in Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. An interest or understanding of Premier and AfterEffects would be a useful addition.
- Work autonomously, with high attention to detail, and be able to multitask successfully.
- Make educated decisions quickly where necessary and act as a problem-solver
- Ensure 100% completion of timesheets weekly
- Assist in the design and production of credentials and pitch presentations, proposals and documents. Experience of creating PowerPoint templates and presentations would be particularly useful.
- Assist in the production of case study films and mood films for presentations and pitches
- Assist in the production of creative assets, such as images for social media campaigns and websites
- Be a positive face of the artwork team, inducting new starters and training colleagues on artwork requirements for production best practice.
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Maintain workplace professionalism at all times
- Create a positive first impression
- Build constructive relationships with agency colleagues
- Manage upwards, sideways and down – keeping all parties in the loop and driving action where necessary
- Keep up to date and be familiar with our clients’ products and services, their target audience and competitor activity
- Demonstrate enthusiasm to learn soft skills from senior colleagues
- Ensure 100% timesheet completion each week
- Embody and promote our core values of Brave, Together and Good
Job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties which will be broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.