Do you want to shape the future of how people give to charity?
Do you want to develop income generation strategies that challenge the sector norms?
Do you want to work with a team of good people who want to change the world?
This could be the role for you. We’re looking for an ambitious and tenacious thought leader to join our Planning team. This role will lead on developing income generation strategies for a range of household name non-profit clients.
GOOD Agency are challenging how the non-profit sector sustainably generates income. We believe that transactional relationships are becoming a thing of the past and that the future of fundraising is in creating enriching experiences that meet real human needs. As an integrated media-neutral agency, we are uniquely placed in the sector to lead on changing the narrative of fundraising, and need the most inspiring and creative people to help us make that happen.
THE DAY TO DAY
You will work with senior agency colleagues to drive your accounts and the business forward, acting as a thought leader who never stops pushing for the best possible thinking and creative. You will proactively contribute to our agency story, offer, and ways of working, always looking for opportunities to improve our clients’ experience. You will be able to influence at a Director level, collaborating with clients to develop powerful solutions to their business problems. You will draw on the power of values, emotions and brand to create engagements that enrich lives and inspire action. You will lead on planning work that includes all forms of income generation, from NPD, to Legacies and In Memory.
You may be a Senior Planner with extensive direct response experience looking for meaningful brands to work on. Or, you may be a Fundraiser with senior experience who is a natural storyteller and strategic thinker, with a strong understanding of what it means to be audience-led. If you’re interested, we’d love to talk.
Develop income generation strategies
- Interpret client briefs, pinpointing their business problem
- Identify and prioritise audiences, agree key performance indicators with clients
- Lead on developing audience, market, brand and product insight, in order to develop new and exciting solutions to income generation
- Understanding of best fundraising practice and regulations context
- Develop powerful products/offers, including cash, regular giving/subscription, legacies, In memory, mid-value, events, supporter experiences and others
- Write debriefs that constructively challenge and inspire shifts in client’s thinking
- Work to shape large, complex budgets, including financial modelling
- Planning lead on new business income generation pitches, challenges briefs and maximising opportunities for the business to win
- Work with Client Services to lead on new business income generation proposals, converting opportunities into wins
- Help build our reputation by talking at conferences, writing thought pieces, and more
- Work with Client Services to drive account plans for existing clients
- Develop trusted partnerships with clients, so clients actively seek your input
- Shape our case studies to help us win new business
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve our story, our offer and our process Work with Client Services to write and present strategic thinking
Provide human insight
- Consistently demonstrate a thorough understanding of client’s audience, competition, business challenges, opportunities and sector trends
- Undertake research to understand the charity category, consumer, market context, emerging/ dominant cultural trends and latest marketing thinking
- Understand values and motivations to identify actionable human insights, creating appropriate product/offer that meets their emotional needs
- Identify and bring to life new and existing audiences to drive strategy and creative
- Turn data intelligence into meaningful audience behavioural insight
- Define qualitative and quantative research needs, write discussion guides, conduct interviews, and work with external research partners as appropriate
- Design and lead on workshops and brainstorm sessions to tap into different viewpoints
Develop Creative briefs
- Ensure the voices of people are at the heart of everything we do and that powerful audience insight drives our creative briefs
- Work in partnership with account teams to develop creative briefs and creative briefing
- Work with the Creative team as concepts are developed, driving ideas, inspiring creativity and ensuring that creative routes meet the brief
- Drive input from relevant specialists in the agency to ensure our response to clients’ briefs benefits from the widest possible agency expertise
Plan and evaluate marketing campaigns
- Working with agency partners as appropriate, develop multi-channel campaign plan across paid, owned and earn channels based on agreed objectives
- Shape relationships with external partner agencies e.g. media, research, data to drive effective campaigns that meet or exceed targets.
- Develop data-driven testing plans to continually optimise performance
- Work in partnership with Client Services to monitor and measure campaign activity
- Draw out key learnings and ensure application to influence future plans and campaigns
Being part of our team
- Line management of minimum one Planner
- Coach other Planners, offering support to foster culture of sharing and personal development
- Aid flexible resourcing across Fundraising Planners, identifying opportunities to call upon the best skillset to deliver projects
- Proactively suggest new tools and improved ways of working
- Plan work efficiently to deliver work to budget and meet utilisation targets
- Ensure timesheets are completed on time
- Embody and promote our core values of Brave, Together, and Good
Job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties which will be broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.