A Senior Account Executive is right at the heart of GOOD. They support a busy client service team to ensure that all the campaigns that we deliver are the very best they can be.
This is the ideal role for someone with some experience working in client services in an agency (or similar) environment. Your experience so far will mean you’ve experience working directly with clients and be a confident communicator who can win trust and build relationships.
You’ll have an interest in marketing for a purpose and working with brands that you can believe in. You will have had the opportunity to work across different channels (and maybe have a favourite!) and you will either already running projects independently, or ready to take that next step. You’ll be itching to grow your strategic thinking – to question and challenge as well as execute. Being organised comes naturally to you – you know how to manage your time, and expectations, and there’s nothing you enjoy more than making lists and getting things done.
THE DAY TO DAY
As a Senior Account Executive you’ll get the opportunity to both support your team in the planning and delivery of a huge range of projects as well as working independently. You will have projects that you own from start to finish, reporting into your Account Manager or Account Director, working across everything from brand development, to national fundraising campaigns, to events.
The role is a perfect opportunity for anyone looking to continue to grow their skills in delivering diverse marketing and communications campaigns for a whole host of clients, and with a desire to progress their career in account handling.
You’ll report into, work alongside and seek support where needed from an Account Manager/Account Director to deliver projects for the team.
- The best team
We want people who put others first, who pitch in, help out, get their hands dirty, and are never afraid to ask for help themselves. We think work should be fun and we want to work with people who think the same.
- The best process
We need you to manage your time, work efficiently and do your timesheets. This all helps us to deliver the best work.
- The best work
We want creative work that wins awards, builds our reputation, and builds belief with real people in the real world. We want you to beat bankers, beat targets and beat down the door of award juries.
Job responsibilities for Account Executive
A GOOD Senior Account Executive ……
Supports the client service team to deliver work that surprises and delights our clients.
Your responsibilities include:
Great client service
- Develop trusted relationships with our clients; get to know them and their organisation, understand their priorities and how we can work together best
- Understand the sectors we work in, and the competitive landscape keeping up to date with innovation and best practice
- Provide expert account administration with reports on project activity and key meetings, along with producing and maintaining schedules and budgets, to ensure projects are running to time and profit
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills on the phone and in writing
An eye for creativity and detail
- Strong attention to detail is essential – for example, thorough proofreading
- Proactively contribute to idea generation in creative, digital and social
- Manage creative and digital processes, from briefing, to concepts, to production
- Have an eye for creative details, including making sure brand guidelines are followed
- Have an understanding of creative briefing and the strategic plans for your clients
- Independently brief teams on your projects giving clear feedback
- Provide support to a pitch team, by carrying out desk research and supporting where required on cost estimates etc.
- Proactively trying to identify new business opportunities on your clients
- Research relevant sector media and competitor activity
- Learn to use the agency finance system (Paprika), managing your own finance administration, including forecasting, estimates and profitability
- Obtain quotes from suppliers and looking for opportunities to save on costs
- Ensure 100% timesheet completion each week
- Manage own time effectively
- Have the ability to update information to relevant parties quickly and accurately
- Upwards and sideways management
- Take ownership of tasks and regularly reporting to the team
- Build constructive relationships with agency colleagues
- A willingness to muck in and support other team members as and when needed
- Embody and promote our values – Brave, Together and Good
Job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties which will be broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.