The role of Senior Account Director at GOOD Agency is key to our success. You will support the Deputy MD closely, directly managing and/or overseeing more than one business unit within the agency which means the potential of these units is in your hands.
In your role, you will be experienced at building key relationships quickly – building strong relationships with Planning, Creative, Finance and Operations is key to your role. Gaining their respect and confidence in your team will help ensure our work is the best it can be which means good outcomes for us, our Clients and ultimately our reputation.
THE DAY TO DAY
As a SAD you are a key driver of both projects and Client Services role within the business and as such you’ll take on the role of Client Champion for some of our key accounts. As with all CS roles you should pursue excellence in service and thinking. You will see the bigger strategic picture and focus on retaining Clients and developing new lines of business.
We’ll look to you to manage and maximise your groups income and to manage your team resources accordingly. You’ll have an eye on your teams’ pipeline of work and work proactively to seek out new opportunities both your income and the teams.
Your team are key to achieving our goals and you’ll have the reward of ensuring they develop and grow within the agency. As a SAD you will likely oversee one Junior Account Director and one Senior Account Manager, you’ll need to nurture and coach them to ensure they and their team achieve the highest standards of work in their management of projects and Client relationships. You’ll help ensure that they achieve income and profit targets and are kept busy and constantly challenged to aid retention reducing our staff turnover, we want to keep good people.
- The best team
We want people who put others first, who pitch in, help out, get their hands dirty, and are never afraid to ask for help themselves. We think work should be fun and we want to work with people who think the same.
- The best relationships
We need someone to be a force of positive client and team relationships. Being a partner, sounding board and mentor.
- The best work
We want creative work that wins awards, builds our reputation, and builds belief with real people in the real world. We need you to manage your time, work efficiently, do your timesheets, and spend at least 90% of your time on billable work.
Job responsibilities for Senior Account Director
A GOOD Senior Account Director ……
is a key driver of both projects and Client Services role within the business and as such you’ll take on the role of Client Champion for some of our key accounts.
Your responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Deputy MD, assuming some departmental management, delegating upwards, keeping them informed of progress, standards etc.
- Ensure the team/agency is consistently exceeding client expectations
- Develops a strong relationship with the Client being perceived as the most senior point of contact within the agency
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills
- Inspires and motivates Clients with the work we are doing and ethos of the agency
- Achieve 85% Client retention
- Maintain high levels of standards in project management in line with the Client Service KPIs
Client Champion (specified clients)
- Act as senior counsel to clients, supporting the development of their communications strategies
- Assume oversight of specified clients/accounts working with the account teams to drive the relationship
- Promote the agency within client organisation
- Proactively identify business development opportunities to achieve growth
- Monitors agency output to ensure the highest standards of thinking and creative to add value and deliver innovation
- Meet/surpass the financial targets for the group agreed at the beginning of each financial year
- Lead the group to maintain accurate monthly Client forecasts
- Ensure the group manage projects effectively and meet the agreed KPIs for income, profit margins, utilisation etc.
- Inspire and motivate your teams to drive excellence and growth
- Manage team resources and reward according to income and profit forecasts
- Aid flexible resourcing across Client Services department
- Conduct team appraisals on a six monthly basis
- Being a GOOD role model, mentor and coach to the team; ensuring high levels of performance at all times
- Manage annual leave within the team to ensure Client service is never disrupted
- Ensure 100% timesheet completion each week
- Ensure recognition for your teams
- Ensures team attend GOOD Academy sessions
- Actively participates (and encourages team to participate) in all agency meetings sharing best practice through case studies, Client feedback and creative work
- Lead and embed new initiatives – if possible
Creative and Strategic Thinking
- Demonstrate awareness of bigger strategic picture supporting ADs and their teams
- Demonstrate good creative insight able to project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace
- Oversees creative output, driving excellence
- Live our values – Brave, Together, and Good
Job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties which will be broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.