The People Manager plays a key role in the agency providing training and employee engagement, leading the recruitment of staff and advising on ad-hoc ER matters. The role reports into the Finance Director and works closely with the heads of each business unit.
We’re looking for an experienced HR professional to come in and pick up the management of all things people related whilst our current Senior People Manager is on maternity leave.
You’ll have experience of working in a fast paced, creative environment and won’t be afraid to get your hands dirty. You’ll enjoy building relationships with people and they will feel comfortable coming to you for advice and support.
Using your initiative and self-motivation, you’ll ensure that key objectives across the agency are being met. With all the decisions you make, you’ll combine a people centric focus with a commercial outlook. You’ll need to be highly organised and a natural problem solver.
THE DAY TO DAY
No one day is the same, but each day will involve contact with our staff at all levels each day. This isn’t a desk bound role. You’ll be interviewing to find our future talent, attending meetings to ensure our current talent is performing and developing, all whilst maintaining the smooth running of HR administration.
In return, you’ll get to see the impact you make and work with an engaged agency who genuinely care about their staff.
Job responsibilities for People Manager
A GOOD People Manager ……
provides an efficient and proactive generalist HR service.
Your responsibilities include:
- Manage the annual benchmarking activity to review industry standards for pay and benefits
- Maintain a salary band structure
- Introduce/remove/improve staff benefits where appropriate
- Manage and co-ordinate the annual pay review, providing advice and recommendations in the event of promotions
- Administration of monthly payroll in conjunction with Finance Director
- Administration of all benefits
- Responsible for recruitment of all positions across all levels of seniority
- Monitor the agency’s online presence on the website and LinkedIn together with the marketing team
- Prepare induction programme and starter paperwork
- Manage leavers – liaising with legal resources if necessary
- Conduct exit interviews and provide a 6-month summary for the board
- Maintain speculative candidate database
- Maintain a preferred supplier list of recruitment agencies
- Coordinate work experience placements
- Oversee the use of freelancers with the Creative Services Manager
- Advise and support managers on the structure of their teams
- Manage the comp ratio (staff costs to sales)
Learning and development
- Run the agency-wide training programme “GOOD Academy”
- Capture training needs from appraisal process
- Provide training and coaching to build up line manager capabilities on HR related topics – including management training, recruitment, appraisals, etc.
- Manage the training budget
- Review and manage the annual appraisal process
- Coordinate 360 feedback once a year, including the board
- Work with staff and managers on personal development plans to ensure high levels of performance and engagement
- Run the annual Talent Matrix activity with department heads
- Providing pastoral care and advice to staff
- Manage promotions, terminations, poor performance, disciplinaries and grievances in conjunction with line managers
Leave and attendance
- Monitor sick leave and holiday across the agency.
- Run a monthly reconciliation between Paprika (Finance system) and Simply Personnel (HR System)
- Send quarterly holiday updates to department heads.
- Manage all other leave including maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave
- Drive consistency of the use of our HR policies across the agency
- Run the staff survey three times a year
- Recommend new initiatives in response to staff feedback/in response to business need/to improve engagement levels
- Build and maintain relationships with all staff
- Lead the embedding of agency values into day to day culture
- Observe and communicate changes across the agency
- Update GOOD People page on Office 365, particularly postcards and organisation charts
- Represent our people in general at Ops meetings
- Manage monthly all agencies, liaising with key stakeholders throughout the agency
- Oversee the annual Christmas and Summer parties, with a particular focus on budget
- Oversee GOOD Culture staff events and GOOD Egg reward, ensuring they are reviewed regularly to keep them fresh and relevant
Communications and reporting
- Manage all internal communications, including coordinating of monthly all agency meeting
- Submit monthly HR board report and monitor key KPIs
- Preparation of weekly HR update
- Reporting to the MD and Deputy MD as needed
- Support New Business by providing HR stats for pitches and proposals
Financial and administration
- Manage HR budget
- Manage Simply Personnel and HR files
- Maintain staff handbook and HR policies
- Stay on top of changes in legislation and best practice
- Establish and maintain knowledge of our agency, offering and sector trends
- Being involved in ad-hoc special projects e.g. advising on a replacement HR system<
- Live our values – Brave, Together, and Good
Job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties which will be broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.