GOOD Agency is the UK’s leading creative agency committed to working with clients that wish to have a positive impact on society and the environment. We believe that business, government and charity all have a role in creating a more prosperous, fairer and sustainable world; we work across all three sectors.
For 20 years, Good has been creating campaigns that create value for our commercial and charity clients by inspiring people to use engage with brands that are having a positive impact on the world in which they operate in and we all live in.
New Business Manager
Over the last 20 years we have created inspirational campaigns for CRUK, WaterAid, Save The Children, RNLI, National Trust as well as for the likes of Diageo, ESCADA, Pernod Ricard amongst others.
Sustainability and social purpose have never been so important, but many businesses and brands are still trying to work out what their social purpose is and how they can benefit from it. Through our extensive experience, inspiring people to act by connecting with their values, we are best placed to help these businesses and brands inspire their internal and external stakeholder to engage.
We are seeking a New Business Manager to generate opportunities to win new clients in both the commercial and charity sector.
You will be a motivated self-starter who can identify and develop new business prospects from multiple sources, including our marketing database, prospect lists and through individual research.
You will have an entrepreneurial spirit, have resilience in the face of all the challenges that come with a new business role and be driven by the unquenchable desire to succeed.
You will have extensive experience developing and implementing a lead generation approach to new business; you will be confident and proactive on the phone, be a creative thinker, a good writer of sales communication, a problem solver and an excellent communicator.
You will be part of the Business Development team and you’ll also work closely with the Senior Management Team, across Planning, Creative and Client Services to help turn opportunities into wins.
The key skills required from our New Business Manager:
- Entrepreneurship: Working collaboratively to help win business and grow the agency.
- Curiosity: Curious about our prospective clients, their sector and their challenges. You will have a natural hunger for knowledge, especially about the areas we work in
- Passion: You will be passionate about winning. You will also demonstrate a passion for social purpose and the value it can bring our clients and wider society
- Collaboration: Brilliantly organised, a natural networker, instinctively collaborative and an outstanding communicator
The primary focus of the role is to secure new business Brand and Activation opportunities from commercial and charity prospects.
Understanding the market and our offer
- Conduct reviews and analysis of the market and competitors, as well as current and emerging sector and cultural trend, to understand how to position our offer and identify opportunities.
- Work with Client Service, Planning and Creative teams to understand the prospect’s challenges, ensuring our new business approach and offer aligns with their needs.
- Review sector and industry press, highlighting articles of interest and new business opportunities
Generating business opportunities
- Secure new business opportunities by a variety of channels including telephone, digital and social business channels, email and face to face meetings to introduce Good and the appropriate line of business offer
- Ensure each business prospect meets our financial criteria, as well as reflects the agency’s values
- Build and maintain an on-going relationship with key target contacts
- Brief the Business Development lead on the needs of the prospect
- Prepare and qualify each meeting for the team in advance of attending, working to create a bespoke proposal to reflect the prospect’s needs
- Manage data for prospective clients in ACT! Database, ensuring all communications are logged and information is accurate
Evaluation and learning
- Monitor and measure new business activity to provide evaluation or performance
- To meet the monthly targets and measures of success; contacts, meetings, pitches opportunities, pitch responses, value, pitch wins
- Draw out key learnings and ensure application to influence future activity
- Prepare new business reports and provide recommendations for development
Job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties which will be broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.